For those in Perth, we have a hands-on workshop on Friday 27th November at the Oracle office in West Perth. (for this in Sydney and Melbourne we are planning workshops for the first week of December. We will announce these soon)
The details are below. If you would like to attend please email me at tim.middleton at oracle.com.
The Oracle Coherence 12.2.1 Workshop
The Oracle Coherence workshop is designed for solution architects, enterprise architects, development managers and developers.
Whether you are a seasoned Coherence developer or new to Coherence, you will gain an understanding of the latest release of Coherence and of its capabilities around obtaining High Availability, Scalability, Performance and Reliability within applications.
Bringing, their own laptops, attendees will have hands-on experience with the latest release of Coherence 12.2.1 and WebLogic Server 12.2.1 by exploring various examples and hands-on demonstrations including:
- Data access, data loading, Java8, Lambda, Streams, Generics, Security
- Data operations including: querying, aggregating, listening and processing
- Federated Caching for continuous available across sites
- Cache Persistence for automated recovery and cluster snapshot creation
- Accessing Coherence via REST though a AngularJS application
- Integrating Coherence with WebLogic Server 12cR2 Multi-tenancy, Coherence Grid-Archives (GAR) and issuing Rolling redeploy
- Using the Coherence JVisualVM Plug-in to monitor Coherence Development environments
There are a number of labs/examples from which attendees can choose which ones suit their needs.